Monday, August 12, 2013

Serve doing something you enjoy!

So last Monday we got up early (5:30am), ate breakfast, prepped the bike, attended a short prayer service, and hit the road!  We were excited to finally be riding, and rode pretty fast.  We rode 65 miles from Calvin College to Sleepy Hollow Campground in Lainsburg, Michigan.  We arrived before noon and felt great.

One of the coolest parts of Sea to Sea is meeting new people who have similar passions.  We met with our small groups that evening and began to get to know some of the other riders better.

Many people have commented to us in our preparation for Sea to Sea about how great it is that we get to serve or raise money while doing something we enjoy.  And this is true!  It has been fun to train and fun to participate in Sea to Sea.

If you read earlier postings on this blog, you might have read "Katie's Turn" when I talked about how God was making me feel uncomfortable and pushing me to do more.  I met with a great friend who works at Mel Trotter Ministries and told her about how God was prompting me to do something local, I just was not sure what it was.  She asked me, "well, what do you like to do?"  I told her I like to be outside and I like to work with kids.  So together we brainstormed a summer day camp for the kids at Mel Trotter to get outside and have fun.  The camp was in July and was fun for all the kids and volunteers.

So, yes, I have been serving this summer doing things I enjoy.  What about you?  What do you like to do?  And how can you serve there?

No comments:

Post a Comment